1799, William Harrell of Wythe County, VA
10 Sep 1799
Grand Jury: George Carter foreman, Peter Kinder, Peter Etter, Jacob Kinder, Robt. Buchanan, Joseph Irvine, Chartes Fullen, Daniel Etter, Nath’l Nuckles, Henry Rader, Benj. Holston, Daniel Sponsler, Henry Pickle, Jacob Tobler, William Harrell, and Andrew Crockett, considered the following
(1) Valentine Stealey for obstructing the road leading by his house to the head of Holston, by fencing same from Aug. 24 to present by knowledge of Henry and Jacob Pickle.
(2) Overseer of the road from Evansham to Daniel Etter’s for not keeping repaired by information of Jos. Irvine and Jacob Kinder.
(3) Surveyor of the road from Jas. Crockett’s to Reed Creek for not keeping repaired, information of Andrew Crockett and William Harrell.
(4) Overseer of the road for not keeping an index or sign board at the forks of the road at this time, next above Jas. Finley’s by information of Jacob Doblar and Chartes Fullen.
(5) Overseer of road for not keeping the same at the fork of the road at George Kinder’s by information of Jacob K1nder and Jos. Irvine.
(6) The same at fork of the road at this time at Leonard Straw’s by information of Jacob Kinder and Jos. lrvine.