We received word from FamilyTreeDNA that a Harrell donor, whose Earliest Known Ancestor is William Harrell b. 1785 VA, d. 1850 Paulding Co., OH, had a 37 marker DNA profile that matches the other Harrell families. This William Harrell 1785 married Martha Mellinger. b. 1792. d. 1851. Their children are:
- Elizabeth Harrell b. 1810, m. John Harter;
- Jesse Harrell b. 1813, d. 1900, m. Sarah Marcellus;
- John M. Harrell b. 1815, perhaps died early;
- William M. Harrell b. 1817, d. 1857, m. (1) Catherine Primer; (2) Hannah Kendle;
- Lydia Harrell b. 1820, d. 1892, m. John Campbell;
- David M. Harrell b. 1823, d. 1868, m. Sarah K. Kretzinger;
- George M. Harrell b. 1826, d. 1909, m. (1) Amanda J. Hughes, (2) Mary A. Fought;
- Jane Harrell b. 1830, d. 1890, m. John Robart;
- James M. Harrell b. 1833, d. 1916, m. Phoebie Kilgore;
- Martha Harrell b. 1837, d. 1919, m. Moses German;
This William Harrell 1785 has an interesting migration path: He was born 1785 somewhere in VA; married Martha Mellinger in 1809 in Miami Co., OH; had early child Jesse born 1813 in Butler Co., OH (see Family #10); was in Shelby Co., OH in 1820 (census) and moved north to Paulding Co., OH in 1828 where he died. None of the Harrells associated with the other Harrell families are reported to have lived in or near Paulding Co., OH, but some Harrells did live in/near Miami Co., OH and Butler Co., OH.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.