Burwell Harrell & Moses Harrell of James City Co. , VA

Welcome to the Harrell Collaborative Forums General Discussion Burwell Harrell & Moses Harrell of James City Co. , VA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  reneadams 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

I am looking for any information on Burwell Harrell 1815-1865 & Moses R. Harrell 1807-1876. I believe they
    are brothers because I found some legal cases in James City Co. VA where they were listed together. I found a clue at a reference from a funeral home that Moses was from Nansemond Co., VA. Both of them died in James City Co./Williamsburg, VA. Moses was a sheriff in Williamsburg/James City Co., director of the Eastern State Mental Hospital there & owned some historical homes in the area. He is buried at Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg. Burwell Harrell has a will listed in James City Co. They were both farmers also.I have all of their wives & children’s names. Burwell Harrell’s wife was Mary A. Crawley 1814-1878 born & died in James City Co., VA Children were: Frances Jane Harrell 1836-1880, George W. Harrell 1840-1917 “Texas Ranger”, Sarah A. Harrell 1843-, Virginia A. Harrell 1847-1878, Mary V. Harrell 1847-, Zachary T.Harrell 1849, Taylor Harrell 1850-, Columbia Harrell 1853, Anne E. Harrell 1853-, Telemianna Harrell 1853-, Burwell Harrell 1856-. Moses Harrell’s wife was Delia 1812-1858. Children: Mary Ann Harrell 1833-1912, Moses Harrell Jr.1842-, Julia Harrell 1846-, Thomas J. Harrell 1848-. Moses is on the 1830 census for James City Co.,VA and Burwell is on the 1840 census for James City Co., VA, so they both moved to the Williamsburg/James City Co. area early in their adult lives. If anyone knows anything I would be very appreciative of some help.
    Burwell is my ancestor & he has been a brick wall. Thanks!

• reneadams posted #1404

As an editor from https://cheapessaywriter.com/argumentative-essay , thanks indeed but I think it need more concise and clear approach to keep up with this record so it would be easily read by the users

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.